Task #9....phase one

uncle-sam-wants-join-army parody This image is from Image generator, interesting web 2.0 tool, a bit hard to ge through, by the time a found something simple, I had nearly 12 pages open and well...fun if you have nothing better to do than play on the computer for HOURS. I would this very little in a classroom, there is way too much distraction within all the different flying pages and adds. But still fun!

Friday, January 28, 2011

The 2.0 Concept

Task #5  - The idea or concept of School 2.0, is perhaps the encapsulation of all that is the essence of marrying technology and education. As many well know, by now, if you were not born by the year 2000, your knowledge on technology will be well over run by a 10 year. The 10 year who has the cell phone, IPod,
IPad, computer, Wii or X-game or both, and oh did I mention, her or his own blogging page or site and probably can teach you how to use a smart board.
So School 2.0 is the very tool (s) that will be the bases that educatorrs can or will have to equip themselves with just to maintain the ability to enter the classroom with the multitasker of the 21st century - today's student!
I enjoyed exploring two very good 2.0 free sites. One was Schmoop - love the array of resources offered to teachers. Secondly, Classmaker was very useful as well - enjoyed this resource, and I kmow I will be using that website ofter! The Tech and Learning has a great video library to see views of how others are integrating technology into the classroom.
There is so much to learn....I could spent hours in front the computer....no wonder our seat bottoms to our chairs have gotten wider.
But seriously, there is a wide array of tools (free) available to teachers and I am convinced more and more, if education is to survive- the traditional classroom  - desk, chalk board, globe...is nearly gone. The new 21st century classroom is the gateway to new innovative technology that will launch creative critcal thinkers into becoming our driving force of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment