Task #9....phase one

uncle-sam-wants-join-army parody This image is from Image generator, interesting web 2.0 tool, a bit hard to ge through, by the time a found something simple, I had nearly 12 pages open and well...fun if you have nothing better to do than play on the computer for HOURS. I would this very little in a classroom, there is way too much distraction within all the different flying pages and adds. But still fun!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Exploring the 2.0 concept...Task #6

OK so here is task #6, to explore other 2.0's for like- minded teachers out there. Two things I kept in mind as I was exploring in the vast unknown, and that was one, "FREE" is good and how easy it is to navigate throughout the site. So here are some more 2.0's I'd like to share with you folks:

Why:  Because the sites offers a wide array of customizable Rubrics that can be made for any project based learning activities. Simply sign up – it FREE! I really like the RubiStar Tutorial, easy to move throughout and simply walks you thru.
Why: Because the sites does just what it says, it’s FREE and it allows those teachers that like to use powerpoints and other project based learning the flexibility to incorporate unique  sounds into their lesson. You've got to give it a try - it actually really fun!
Why: Because this is a wonderful resource for teachers of science for k-6 that need lesson ideas about teaching weather. This is great because it allow students to study local weather patterns and their implications. Very easy to navigate and is FREE!
This is another wonderful site, Marcia’s Science Teaching Ideas, she offers great ideas, however she is copyrighted and it is important to cite her website as she does offer a disclaimer. She has an easy to follow disclaimer. She offers great lesson idea and examples of different power points for your science lesson. Another FREE website, with loads of Ideas - for all those interested in Science.
Well, I realize these are just a few of the hundreds of great websites for teachers out there. But I wanted to share with you folks, some sites I actually plan on using soon. So it not just ideas of some websites I found, but actually usable sites.
I would love to hear what you have found on your adventure in exploring 2.0's Please by all means - Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment